Zerust’s AutoFog A is a revolutionary Flash Corrosion Inhibitor (FCI™) that diffuses rapidly to provide corrosion protection for bare metal surfaces. The unique rapid diffusing action allows corrosion inhibition of pipelines, voids and other enclosed spaces without the need for power sprays or mechanical fogging of powders.
- Largest protection volume of any diffuser in its class
- Combination of FCI and phased release Zerust® VCI’s allows for long-term protection of metal assets
- Effective in the presence of acid gas contaminant
- Diffusion rate of 1 m every 30 minutes
The FCI action is especially important when welding shut voids and in enclosed spaces where sweating due to trapped humidity inside the void can cause immediate corrosion.
- Fast-acting corrosion protection
- Easy-to-use, with no need for additional mechanical fogging equipment
- Quick/simple installation and removal with minimal training
- Inexpensive solution for aggressive environments
- Highly effective and unique
- pH: > 8-10 for 1% solution
- Odor: Amine-like
- Appearance: Light tan, off-white powder
- Packaging: Breathable sachet contained in an outer leakproof bag
- Product may have an unpleasant, but non-toxic odor that will dissipate within a few hours
AutoFog is ideally suited for the prevention of corrosion in large metal voids and enclosures. With its high diffusion rate, AutoFog is especially effective in enclosures containing pipes, interstices, recesses, etc. which are difficult to access or protect. In many situations, AutoFog is an inexpensive and easy-to-implement alternative to nitrogen purging, eliminating the need for pressurization or continuous monitoring.
Mothballing of Process Equipment
Protection of Sealed Spaces
Voids and Enclosed Spaces:
AutoFog ® diffusers can be placed inside a void or enclosure before it is welded shut or sealed.They can be fixed in place with a wire mesh basket for easy retrieval and replacement. In certain applications the diffuser packaging may be slit and the Zerion ® powder poured into the void to provide protection.
The asset to be preserved should first be cleaned and then enclosed. The enclosure could be either a containment packaging of Zerust ® corrosion inhibitor film or an integral self-sealing piece of equipment. AutoFog diffusers are then placed inside the void or enclosure before it is sealed.
HOW TO USE IN SHIPMENT AND STORAGE
2. Remove from plastic packaging, but do not puncture product sachet.Punctured sachets may result in a dust hazard.
3. Place packet nearest to the center of the space as possible. If using multiple packets, distribute them evenly. Direct contact with ferrous metals is ok. Do not place in direct contact with yellow metals (brass, copper, zinc).
4. Seal package or enclosure to contain vapor corrosion inhibitors inside.