- Soil Side Bottom (SSB) corrosion of aboveground storage tanks (ASTs) is a major cause of tank bottom failures.
- The opportunity costs when storage tanks are out of operation can be crippling.
- Tank operators have to suspend operations in order to complete patchwork repairs, or replace the entire bottoms.
- Storage tank leaks caused by bottom plate corrosion are hazardous to the environment.
Zerust Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs) Are A Cost-Effective Way to Control Corrosion. Zerust Oil & Gas ReCAST Soil Side Bottom solutions provide a cost-effective means to mitigate underside corrosion of aboveground storage tanks while the tanks are in or out of service. Whether tank single or double bottoms rest on compacted sand, concrete, soil or bitumen, Zerust Oil & Gas has a solution to extend the serviceable life of these assets. Listed below are Zerust’s methods of introducing a VCI to the tank bottom environment, based on the design of the foundation and whether the tank is in service or out of service.
In or Out of Service Tank Solutions
Out of Service Tank Solutions
Which IDS Solution is Right for Your Tank?
The Zerust Oil & Gas IDS Selection Charts will allow you to easily determine which IDS method(s) for VCI to consider for protecting your in-service or out-of-service aboveground storage tank from soil side bottom corrosion.
Zerust has six solutions for introducing VCIs to protect tank bottoms. There are three solutions for tanks that are in service and six solutions for tanks that are out of service. For tanks that are in or out of service the following solutions can be applied; Chime Ring Dry, Chime Ring Injection and Underside Injection. For tanks that are out of service the following solutions can be applied; Internal Flood, Underside Drip Tube and Dry Tube.
Tank Data Questionnaire for VCI Design
Please provide as much of the details in the questionnaire as possible to your VCI design team or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- ReCAST SSB systems can be replenished while the tank is in operation.
- Can be combined with simple monitoring procedures to ensure effectiveness of the solution.
- Corrosion protection for voids and interstices that are impossible to protect with other methods.
- Protection for tank bottom plates and welds with little to no surface preparation. Innovative and cost effective.
- VCIs offer non-permanent corrosion protection at the molecular level that is safe and eco-friendly.
- Typical life of 5-10 years before replenishment (depending on client requirements)
- VCI dispersion ensures uniform distribution across the tank bottom.
- Maintenance time is significantly reduced