- Corrosion on the machined surfaes and on turbine blades is very common during long term storage of high value turbines.
- Clients try to use greases, oil, coatings and packaging – butr these approaches have largely been unsuccessful; and many of theses approaches may not be feasible given the type of component and the intended usage/application of the part.
- Turbine components can corrode during storage, transportation and/or staging at client sites.
- Such corrosion can lead to the following:
- Rejection of the part for use
- Significant downtime while the turbine is being fixed or replaced
- Costs for rework to fix the corrosion damage
- Potential liabilities related to turbine delivery delays or failures in operation
- Potential write off of high value turbine components
- Zerust’s Axxaclean™ rust removers are powerful solutions for the rework and recovery of metals.
- Zerust offers a range of technologies, from pH neutral products to more aggressive products that also inhibit flash corrosion on cleaned surfaces.
- There is no need for mechanical abrasion to remove the rust.
- Zerust rust removers can be used as a dip, spray or brush on application.
- The liquid chemistries penetrate majority of the surfaces to remove rust in areas where mechanical cleaning is not practical.