- Corrosion on machined parts and on high value assemblies is very common
- Manufacturers try to use greases, oil, coatings and packaging – but these approaches have largely been unsuccessful; and many of these approaches may not be feasible given the type of component and the intended usage/application of the part
- Parts can corrode during storage, transportation and/or staging at client sites
Such corrosion can lead to the following:
- Rejection of the equipment by the end user
- Need to rework to fix the corrosion damage
- Delays in availability of critical parts
- Unsafer operating conditions
- Reduced operating life of equipment
- Potential for future failures
- Write offs/losses for equipment and parts that are beyond repair
- Zerust’s Axxaclean™ rust and tarnish removers are powerful solutions for the rework and recovery of metal items.
- Zerust offers a range of technologies, from pH neutral products to more aggressive products that also inhibit flash corrosion on cleaned surfaces.
- Depending on the type of part/equipment being cleaned, the appropriate Zerust rust removers can be used as a dip, sray or brush on application