- Corrosion on tube bundles and header faces is very common
- Manufacturers try to use greases, oil, coatings and packaging – but these approaches have largely been unsuccessful; and many of these approaches may not be feasible given the geometry of the heat exchanger components
- Heat exchangers in use, when cleaned or refurbished, typically have little/no protection and are stored outdoors
- Such corrosion can lead to the following:
- Maintenance cost increases for rework to fix the corrosion damage
- Potential liabilities related to product failures in operation
- Increase in operational costs due to unplanned delays
- Zerust’s Axxaclean™ rust and tarnish removers are powerful solutions for the rework and recovery of metal items.
- Zerust offers a range of technologies, from pH neutral products to more aggressive products that also inhibit flash corrosion on cleaned surfaces.
- Depending on the type of part/equipment being cleaned, the appropriate Zerust rust removers can be used as a dip, sray or brush on application