Client Application: SSB Underside Injection
Soil Side Bottom (SSB) corrosion of a tank that is in or out of service and has a foundation of compacted sand fill and RPB, double bottoms with sand between old and new floors, or hard pads.
- Large oil terminal management client; tank 27m diameter ring wall tank with sand and liner
- Ring wall is prepared for inhibitor injection
- Monitoring ports cleaned, chime area repaired, ER probes installed to monitor performance
- Zerion FVS – B-15 inhibitor powder mixed with water to create inhibito slurry
- Gravity fed inhibitor slurry injected into tank SSB space at multiple points
- ER Probe baseline reading noted for future reference