Soil Side Bottom (SSB) corrosion of a tank that is out of service and has a foundation of concrete, bitumen or compacted sand with or without liners.
- Oil terminal/port with 80+ tanks; tank diameter ~72m compacted sand with bitumen foundation
- Full floor replacement due to SSB corrosion; 4″x4″ trenches cut across the tank floor and mesh covered perforated PVC pipes laid across; ER probes installed at various depths
- Pipe ends exit outside the tank; locations are marked and sealed; ER probes leads in housings
- Trenches are covered with sand and compacted
- Zerion FVS – BS10 dry powder inhibitor sleeves are pulled through the entire length and remain in place releasing VCIs into the SSB space