In this video segment by Kelly Baker, you will learn about the Zerust Oil & Gas approach to pipeline preservation in the following two scenarios.
- When a new pipeline has been hydrotested and is lying dormant prior to the line being commissioned
- When an existing pipeline is going to be shut down and mothballed.
Kelly Baker will answer these following commonly asked questions about preservation of pipelines:
- How long would a Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) injection protect a pipeline?
- Is a VCI approach possible if the owner plans to use a biocide?
- Are there any Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) concerns using Zerust corrosion inhibitors?
- How much will using a VCI approach for pipeline preservation cost?
- How is the amount of corrosion inhibitor calculated for a pipeline preservation project?
- Once the pipeline goes into service, what happens with the residual inhibited water?
For more information about preservation of pipelines, please click here.
Please contact Zerust Oil & Gas here and see how we can help you with your corrosion mitigation needs.