In this interview with Sujay Math, a Sr. Technical Lead, from Zerust Oil & Gas based in Houston, TX, he will discuss corrosion protection options for carrier pipelines in cased crossing scenarios. Commonly referred to as casings worldwide or sleeves in the United Kingdom (UK).
Sujay Math is a subject matter expert in cathodic protection, vapor corrosion inhibitors and their combined use for oil and gas asset preservation. He received his Ph.D. in civil engineering materials in 2013, and since then has been working in the corrosion prevention industry as applicable to oil and gas pipelines and aboveground storage tanks.
Questions Answered in this Interview:
- What are the common problems with casings from a corrosion standpoint?
- What techniques has the oil & gas industry used to address corrosion on cased pipelines?
- What is Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI) gel and what are the benefits of using VCI gel in casing annulus?
- How does Cathodic Protection (CP) work when the carrier pipe is metallically shorted to the casing? What benefits does VCI gel provide in this scenario?
- What do regulations say about VCI gel fill in casing annulus?
- How are pipeline owners monitoring VCI gel filled casings?
Cathodic Protection and VCI Gel Filled Pipe-Casings for Corrosion Protection
Zerust Oil & Gas Corrosion Solutions
Zerust Oil & Gas is a world leader in protecting bare metals from corrosion. Our team of experts awaits your corrosion questions and looks forward to providing you with corrosion solutions. To view our Pipe Casing solutions, click here.