What are the Cost Factors for Replacing a Tank Floor?
There are many factors that should be considered for obtaining the true cost of a tank floor replacement that is likely caused by corrosion. Below is a comprehensive list of factors to account for when replacing a tank floor if you aren’t proactive about protecting the tank floor from corrosion using Zerust Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs) beforehand.
- Cost of stored product disposal.
- Safe environment disposal.
- Loss of revenue.
- External temporary storage solutions such as: Barges/tanks/haulage, etc.
- Confined space restricts operative team for <6 for proper tank cleaning.
- Standby rescue teams required for small space.
- Rescue plans needed.
- Entry & Exit habitats typically designated to 1 full time operative for full project duration.
- Working under full B.A. kit.
Tank Safety for Man Entry
- Daily Gas Tests
- Acoustic Testing
- Perimetry systems
- Venturi Air system
- Air Purification Tests
- Lighting – Ex Rated
- Air Compressors – Ex Rated
- Generators – Ex Rated
- Spill Response kits/teams
Project Related Tasks
- Cold cutting
- Tank Lifting/jacking
- Lift Plans
- Hydro Testing
- MPI Weld Inspections
- HotWorks, welding, grinding, and fabrication.
- Safe working habitats.
- Disposal of contaminated steel.
- Potential of civil medium works.
- Blasting/Painting/Holiday Testing/Blasting Set Up/Air Purification tests/Spray Equipment/All machinery.
In many cases from an external viewpoint to replace a tank floor can somewhat be perceived as an easy/in-expensive task. However, THE TRUE COST of replacing a tank floor can be anything from SIX (6) FIGURE SUMS into the MANY MILLION DOLLARS *dependent on the tank size.
Safeguard your Investment by utilizing Zerust Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs) instead of replacing a tank floor. Find out more here.
WANT A QUOTE? Contact us today here. Or reach out to Phil Low at email@example.com.