Zerion Sol-V provides powerful corrosion prevention action in voids and enclosures especially when there is either stagnant water, or the potential for water seepage and/or accumulation of water over time.
- Zerust® Vapor Corrosion Inhibitors (VCIs) and Flash Corrosion Inhibitors (FCIs™) work to protect bare metal in the vapor spaces of voids or enclosures.
- Sol-V proprietary blend of Soluble Corrosion Inhibitors (SCIs) dissolve in the water and neutralize corrosive elements.
- Appearance: Light tan off-white powder
- pH: > 8-10 for 1% solution
- Odor: Amine-like
- Packaging: Pail & Sachet
Zerion Sol-V works best in environments where the time, volume and composition of water entering the system is unpredictable. Typical applications include offshore platform leg voids, vessels and tanks mothballed in tropical environments, ship blocks being fabricated in areas of high humidity, piping systems, heat exchangers, etc.
Voids and Enclosed Spaces:
- The Zerion Sol-V diffusers can be distributed inside a void or enclosure before it is sealed. In certain applications the diffuser packaging may be slit and the Zerion powder poured into the void to provide protection.
- Easy-to-use diffuser system
- Protection from both flash and long-term corrosion of metal plates and welds with little/no surface preparation
- No fogging equipment or labor required due to the rapid dissipating FCI™ action
- Corrosion protection for voids and interstices that are impossible to protect with other methods
- Soluble components mitigate corrosion due to stagnant or seepage water
- Vapor action ensures uniform distribution of a non-permanent molecular layer of protection over enclosed metal surfaces
Product Sizes & Specifications+
|Vapor Space Only||Fresh Water(150 ppm Cl–)||Sea Water(3.5% of Cl–)|
|Zerion Sol-V-05||50 gm Sachet||1 m3||52 L||0.4 L|
|Zerion Sol-V-150||15 kg Screw Top Pail
(33 lds/15 kg)
|300 m3||15,720 L||120 L|
Duration of Protection
Once the Zerion Sol-V technology is introduced into a void or enclosed space, it will provide effective protection for 10+ years as long as the enclosure is hermetically sealed and the amount of water in the system is within the defined parameters.
SO2 Acid Gas Test (4.5 ppm SO2)
Steel wool in 3.5 wt% NaCl solution in D.I. water (12 hours into testing)
Steel wool in 3.5 wt% NaCl solution in D.I. water (13 days into testing)