Soil Side Bottom (SSB) corrosion of a tank that is out of service and has a foundation consisting of an annular plate (chime), compacted sand fill, HDPE lining and concrete ring wall.
- Large oil corporation; refineries with cone roof tanks experiencing internal corrosion failures
- Acid gases (H2S/SO2) from stored product condense on the internal roof surfaces and causes severe corrosion leading to pitting corrosion holes and eventual roof failure
- Even epoxy coated tanks fail in these extremely aggressive environments
- The Underside Drip Tube system of perforated PVC pipes is installed prior to sand fill
- Once bottom plates are welded in place, Zerion FVS – B-15 inhibitor mixed with water is gravitiy fed into tank SSB space via the drip tubes
- ER probe readings are taken periodically to verify/validate system performance